When: August 26-September 3, 2017.
How Far: We will average 7 miles per day with approximately 5000 feet of total elevation gain and a total of 58 miles.
Who: We are presently recruiting for 2018 participants (Parkinson’s and non-Parkinson’s support hikers and trail Angels). If interested, please sign up on our Contact Page. Non-Parkies are expected to support the Parkies when needed. The Parkinson’s people should be fully capable making the trip on their own but the disease carries with it a fair amount of uncertainty as to what debilitating motor symptoms and non-motor symptoms may crop up. That is why we need the support hikers for carrying a little extra, setting up camp, filtering water and guiding people across difficult trail sections, etc.
How: We will be hiking South bound on the Pacific Crest Trail starting at Rainy Pass with a layover day at Stehekin. On day 5 and 6 we will hike up to Suiattle pass and have a second layover day. On day 8 and 9 we will hike out to the Suiattle River for our finish celebration.
Personal Gear: Participants will be carrying their own packs with resupply at Stehekin.
Community Gear: May include Rollo chairs, 2-3 Rollo tables, fly tarp, comprehensive first aid kit and water pump.
Itinerary: This is the tentative itinerary.
- Saturday August 26, 9:00 am: Start at southbound trailhead of Pacific Crest Trail, Rainy Pass …Milepost 2588
- Saturday night: Camp along trail
- Sunday Night: Camp along trail
- Monday Night: Take shuttle bus to Stehekin and camp or stay in hotel
- Tuesday Night: Layover at Sehekin
- Wednesday Night: Camp along trail near Agnes creek
- Thursday Night: Camp along trail near Suiattle Pass
- Friday: Layover Day
- Saturday Night: Camp along trail
- Sunday, September 3, 1:00 pm PDT, finish at Suiattle River Road Trail head for finish celebration and potluck lunch